- A Loan From must be completed for each carrier you borrow with your full name, address and contact details. You will be informed of loan charges, deposit values, return method and due date.
- Your personal details will be kept in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and will only be used to contact you in relation to your library loan.
Loan Cost and Duration
- Up to two carriers may be borrowed at any time. Once a carrier is returned another loan may be made.
- The standard loan period is two (2) weeks. At our discretion you may arrange to borrow a carrier for a shorter or longer period.
- Each carrier loan costs:
TYPE COST FOR 2 WEEKS HIRE Stetchies £6 Ring Sling,Mei Tai and Woven Wrap £8 SSC, Full Buckle, Half Buckle £10
- A deposit is required for each loan. The deposit amount is:
TYPE Deposit Stretchies £30 Ring Sling, Mei Tai and Woven Wrap £70 SSC, FB, HB £80
Deposits will be returned in full following the timely return of the carrier or accessory undamaged with all instructions and any additional accessories.
- The replacement of any lost carriers, accessories or instructions will be paid for out of your deposit. Charges for items damaged beyond normal wear and tear will be judged on a case by case basis.
- At our discretion, deposits may be reduced or waived for active members of the sling library and sling meets.
- Loan costs are payable by cash or PayPal payment.
- Deposits may be given as card details, cheque, cash or PayPal payment, and are refunded by the method given.
- If you return your carrier late we will charge £1 per day late fees for every day past the agreed returns due dates.
- Under adverse or unforeseen circumstances we may reduce or waive fines for late returns as long as the late period is less than 7 days and has been fully agreed by us before the end of the loan period.
- If we do not hear from you within 7 days of the hire ending we will consider the carrier lost and keep the deposit.
- If you are unable to return your carrier by the agreed date due to Library staff illness or holidays, we will extend your loan period for free and agree a new returns due date with you.
- Returns can be made during Library open hours.
Condition of the Carrier
- All carriers are checked before lending to ensure that they are in good condition and working order. The borrower may check the condition of the carrier prior to the start of the loan and must confirm on the loan form that it is in working order.
- It is the borrowers’ responsibility to check over the carrier before every use. Check all buckles, hems and seams ensuring that there are no tears, breaks, cracks or holes. If any damage is discovered, please stop using the carrier immediately and contact us.
Safe Use of Carriers
- All carriers are provided with instructions for safe use either physically or by email.
- The borrower must read all safety, use and care instructions provided prior to using the carrier. Carriers must only be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- All carriers are extremely safe when used properly, however misuse can cause injury to yourself or child. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are using the carrier correctly and that your baby is safe at all times. The Sling Clinic cannot be held responsible for any accident that results in injury or death whilst the carrier is in your care.
- We suggest that after familiarising yourself with the instructions given, you then practice using the carrier with a doll/teddy or cushion/pillow so that you get used to the tying/fastening/adjusting methods.
- Always ensure that you seat your child correctly in the carrier and check any knots regularly as children do not stay still and straps and wrap passes can move or become loosened.
- If you feel any pain while carrying your child, change the carrying position or remove the carrier.
- If you are unsure about anything you read in the instructions, are not sure what you’re doing or are at all concerned, please ask us. We can point you in the direction of lots of helpful sites to give you tips to make sure you’re getting the best out of the carrier and using it safely.
- Wearing your child is ultimately your responsibility, when you take away a carrier you are doing so having checked the carrier, and omitting any liability of the Sling Clinic during, whilst and after you are carrying your child.
Care of Carriers
- Under no circumstances is it permitted to smoke whilst wearing or holding the carrier. Please inform us if you are a smoker, or if there is a smoker in your home as we will need to carefully launder the carrier after it is returned. Smoking is known to increase the risk of cot death for babies, and these risks have also been linked to babies being in close contact with clothing or objects contaminated with smoke particles.
- We cannot guarantee that there are no marks or hairs on the carriers we lend. Carriers are spot-cleaned and only laundered if necessary as freshly washed carriers will not be as soft or flexible as those that are not. If you would prefer to use a freshly laundered carrier please request this before you borrow.
- Please therefore avoid washing the carrier.
- Spot clean any marks when they occur using a gentle soap and water and all carriers MUST be returned clean with any marks suitably addressed. If you feel it is necessary that the carrier is washed while on loan to you, please contact us first for advice.
- We cannot guarantee that there are no animal hairs on our carriers, but we ask that all carriers are kept away from pets to minimise this possibility. If you are very allergic to animal hairs, please request that the
carrier be laundered before you borrow it to help reduce any potential reaction.
- Food and posset marks are expected when carrying children, but please keep the sling away from anything that may stain more permanently (oil, paint, pens, etc.), or anything that might damage it (scissors, Velcro, keys in your bag, fire, etc.). The cost of damage beyond normal wear and tear may be removed from your deposit.
- If you or your child suffers from a contagious virus such as nausea and vomiting, diarrhoea, chicken pox, or has nits or ticks whilst hiring the carrier, please inform us when returning the carrier so that the carrier can be laundered by us.
- All slings, carriers, instructions and accessories remain the property of the Sling Clinic at all times, and all loans are subject to availability and our discretion.
- The Sling Clinic and Library; North London is a non-profit community interest company, set up with the aim to help parents and carers decide on a carrier that suits them, we ask that you respect and treat every carrier as if it were your own and adhere to all T&C’s so that everyone can have a chance to use what is on offer to hire.